Welcome to the Green Student Lab!
A new way of doing an internship
A unique connection between industry and the university
The Green Student Lab is a new research training lab for and by students where the University of Amsterdam is directly linked to companies in the green sector. It combines academic environment and innovative questions from the industry in a way that gives both students and companies many advantages.
Advantages for students:
- Experience working in the frame of a project where a Green (plant breading) company defines the goals;
- Experience with R&D and with scientists of industry;
- Preparation to a career outside or inside of academia;
- Experience with work in a multidisciplinary project;
- Learning to deal with (new) own responsibilities within a project;
- Enjoying the availability of experts from diverse topics and domains;
- Being also guided in “personal awareness” regarding skills, ambition, education and career choices;
- A distinguishing educational edge compared to other students.
Advantages for companies:
- Having the opportunity to contribute to education in the direction of a career in industry;
- Meeting and educatig potential future employees at an early stage;
- Defining own research projects that will be executed at the university;
- Setting up research project independent from the topics of interest of UvA research groups;
- Getting interesting results for free;
- Gaining natural access to academic experts and their knowledge;